You should know by now that the California Basic Educational Skill Test or the CBEST test requires you to pass three subjects: Math, Reading, and Writing.
By saying that, you must’ve remembered your battles with Math in high school. Lucky for math-lovers, this part of the test would surely be a bonus for you.
BUT, is your dream succeeding at the CBEST Test threatened by your old enemy-high school algebra?
Score high in the CBEST Math by posting these 3 SIMPLE STEPS for your CBEST test prep review.
Step 1: CBEST Test Math Basics
Unlike reading others subjects, studying math requires a kick-off in studying the concepts. You Need to practice on CBEST sample tests over and over until you master every principle.
Here are some do’s and don’ts on how to master Math basics for your CBEST test:
1. Don’t jump on the next principle or formula until you’re confident that you’ve understood it.
2. Don’t disregard the most basic terminologies and principles.
3. Use this knowledge during your CBEST test.
Armed with your basic knowledge, you can effectively eliminate wrong answers on some questions. You’ll narrow down your choices and increase your chances of getting the correct answer.
Step 2: Focus On What You Don’t Know
Math is just one subject. But, still, you might not know where to start. Nailing your CBEST score in Math is easy with good CBEST test preparation.
1. Assess yourself and answer CBEST practice tests.
2. Examine every test item to know your strengths and weaknesses.
3. Write down all keywords regarding the topics you found most difficult
4. Check your old books so you can have a full length review on the listed topics.
5. From the topics you singled out, you can then work your way on to other less difficult topics in math.
6. Finally, answer more CBEST practice test
Step 3: Memorize To Be Accurate
Math is all about accuracy. One mistake in your formula can give a whole different answer. And this could definitely cost you points. Memorize the formulas, the measurements, ratios and percentages, conversion of units and basic geometric theories and principles. Even when problems are presented differently, you’ll still know what formula to use. Your accuracy in solving the problem would definitely save you time and gives you that must needed confidence!
How do I pass the CBEST test? Simple, DON’T REPEAT the mistakes of others. Plan, review, practice and get the BEST CBEST study guides. Pass the California Basic Educational Skills test in a single shot and ENJOY the job you’ve always dreamed of!